Saturday, August 18, 2012

Living Room Updates!

The farmhouse actually has a pretty good floor plan for such an old house.  The living room is pretty open to the kitchen, and most of the house gets a lot of natural light.  

Unfortunately, the living room barely gets any.  :/  There's only 1 small window in the front of the living room, and it gets minimal light because of the roof over the front patio.  So, it's consistently really hard to take pictures of the living room.  :( There was a LOT of sun the day we closed, so I did manage to get these pictures of the living room before we moved in.



Painting the living room was one of the first things on my agenda after getting fairly settled in, because I had a box filled with picture frames that I wanted to get on the wall.  

For the living room, we used the same paint as the kitchen - the Behr Premium Plus Ultra Paint and Primer in one, and we chose a light peachy/rosy color scheme for the living room.  I initially just painted the back wall (because that's where I was putting the pictures) and we decided to make it an accent wall with a slightly darker color.  We tried to pick a color that wasn't too dark, however, because we definitely didn't want the living room to end up dark as a cave.

It definitely would have been easier to paint before moving in...

I actually took the color and wrapped it around into the kitchen as well.  I ended up really liking the mauve-ish pink color.  It felt very warm and homey.  :)





After getting the wall painted, I could finally put all the pictures back up again. That was actually a lot more tedious than painting.  I had spent hours and hours (and hundreds of dollars on frames) developing a perfect 11ft x 3ft picture collage in the condo -->


only to realize that I did not have a single 11ft long wall in the farmhouse... 

OMG. *sigh*

So I ended up having to formulate a new design to fit the living room wall in the farmhouse.  I had to buy 1 more frame to make it work - and that poor frame is still empty.  But someday, it'll be the perfect spot for a wedding picture!


Clint is busy playing Diablo III on a Saturday morning.
He just loves playing Diablo III in front of our beautiful picture collage! 

Now that I'm not in a super modern lofty condo, I might end up switching back to color pictures, but for now I'm happy with it!

1 comment :

  1. i'm impressed that you only needed 1 frame to completely change the collage shape from long rectangle to squarer rectangle! looks great!!

    ReplyDelete